About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2016/06/06

WebConf modalities not working for internal users after server patching

This falls into the “oh wonderful” category…

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms16-065.aspx breaks Office Web Apps for internal users.  External users seem to be unaffected.

Conferencing modalities no longer function in Lync Server 2010, Lync Server 2013, or Skype for Business Server 2015 after you install Security Bulletin MS16-065Here is a fix workaround:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3165438

And people wonder why I always advise waiting 90 days or so before patching Lync and SfB host servers.

The documented update in the article is KB3156757, but the actual KB installed was KB3156756.  Which also is associated with MS16-065.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture