About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/08/28

T530 UltraBay Secondary Storage

My company provides me with a Lenovo T530 that is a pretty nice piece of gear (what they provided is actually a seriously nice hunk of goodness – but that is just my opinion – others might think differently). However, the 250GB SSD is a tad small. Thinking to get around the storage limitation, I noted that I did not ever use the DVD drive, so how can I re-purpose that drive bay?

I found myself a spare 2.5 inch HDD sitting around my office, and a low-cost UltraBay adapter on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221069776771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) and I now have 500GB of secondary storage on board. And it hotswaps. Sweet!

I assume that this will work with the 420, 430, and 520 series as well. http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ultrabay - pay attention to the type of UltraBay your laptop has and the feature set matrix.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture