About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/07/30

Who is Connected to Lync

I have a need to prove that HA (high availability) and DNSLB (Domain Name Service Load Balancing) really does work.  Those pesky customers always want to have their shiny new system proved out before they are willing to accede that success is theirs.  After the system has been up for a bit, wouldn’t it be nice to have a quick method of checking on things just to make sure that everything is working in the HA sense that you think it should?

Fellow MVP Pat Richards has a great script for this:  Get-CSConnections.ps1.

Here you can see my EE pool, the types of clients, both servers being used, how many unique connections, and just who are the clowns talking.

image

I have a few pools to choose from – the script lets you report on any or all.

image

 

There is a selection of options and Pat’s blog lays them all out:

Get-CsConnections.ps1 [[-Pool] ] [-Is2013] [[-SIPAddress] ] [[-FilePath] ] [-IncludeUsers] [-IncludeHighUsers] [-IncludeSystem] [[-UserHighConnectionFlag] ] [[-ClientVersion] ] [-ShowFullClient] [ShowTotal] [[-Server] ] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] []

Check it out.  I think you will find it useful.  I know I did.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture