About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/07/23

Lync Bandwidth Estimates

Have you been asked “how much bandwidth does xxxx feature use?”

You could work your way through the Lync 2010/2013 Bandwidth calculator – really, this needs to be a part of your project planning process.  I mean, if you don’t, you will just be guessing.  Not a good career choice. But maybe you just want to get a quick feel for what you are looking at when you roll Lync out. .

Here are some excerpts from that bandwidth calculator.  Keep in mind that with Lync some of these scenarios will have multiple streams (as in one stream per client).

image

image

image

image

image

image

You can also swag the numbers to a certain degree by using this handy-dandy online tool.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture